My husband and I love to cook a special dinner with each other on Saturday’s, mainly cause of my food allergies I cannot go out dinning as I would only be eating salads. So we make of day of cooking and baking together and then sit down to a candle lite dinner and dessert.
This is one of my favorite cakes to make with the Ganache Glaze and topped with whipped cream. On the LCHF diet it fits in perfectly and satisfies any mental craving for chocolate, cake or sweets.
You can always reheat the Ganache if it gets too thick on you using a double boiler.
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 1 cup sugar substitute I use Erythritol
- 12 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 4 eggs
- 12 tbsp. almond milk
- 12 tbsp. oil
- 4 tsp vanilla
- 12 tbsp. mini chocolate chips unsweetened
- In a bowl mix together dry ingredients together.
- In another bowl mix together the wet ingredients.
- Stir the the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add mini chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Pour in a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30 - 40 minutes or until done. Let cool.
- Chop the chocolate into small slivers
- Heat the cream in a small saucepan on medium heat for a few minutes. Do not let it boil you just want to heat it.
- Slowly stir in the chopped chocolate and coconut sugar until the chocolate is melted.
- With a spatula or wooden spoon, stir the Ganache. At first it might look broken but just keep stirring until it comes together in a creamy mass. Be sure and taste a little to be sure it is sweet enough for you, if not just add a little bit more coconut sugar.
- When cake is cool pour over cake and let run down the sides.
- If the Ganache gets too thick you can reheat it over a double boiler until of the consistency you need or want.
I cut the Chocolate Cake in half crosswise and doubled it up to make a double layer cake and put the Ganache Glaze on just like an icing, put it in between the layers as well as on top and let it run down the sides.
I also like to add a dollop of whipped cream to my Chocolate Cake when serving....hum mm so good!