These low carb buns are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside and really tastes like bread. If you increased the measurements you could make this into a loaf of bread instead of the buns.
This recipe is adapted from an earlier bread recipe by Maria Emmerich and Diet Doctor. Here’s a video of her making the bread.
[arve url=”https://vimeo.com/68001848″ align=”center” promote_link=”yes” title=”Low Carb Buns Tastes Like Bread” description=”Low carb buns that take just like bread” autoplay=”yes” /]
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||40 minutes|
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 1/4 Tbsp. psyllium husk powder ground
- 1/2 Tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 Tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 Tsp. apple cider vinegar can use white wine vinegar
- 1/3 Cup boiling water
- 1 egg white
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Only 1 gram of Carbs per piece
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl together.
- Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the water and vinegar to the flour mixture and beat with a hand mixer for 30 seconds.
- Don't over mix it should resemble Play-Doh.
- Drop by a tablespoon onto a cookie sheet and form into a hot dog bun shape.
- Bake 40 minutes in oven or until hollow sound when tapped on.
- Let cool on a rack.
These buns are spread with garlic butter great served with your favorite Lasagna or Noodle dish
I love to eat these as a sandwich filled with my favorite meat. Just remember they are small so fill them with lots of filling, serve with a side salad.
Or use them along side bacon and eggs as your toast or spread peanut butter and sugarless jam on them.
Etekcity Digital Kitchen Scale Multifunction Food Scale
Pyrex 3-Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set
Calphalon Nonstick Bakeware Set, 6-Pieces